Chicken vesuvio. This dish gets its name from the steam that rises when white wine is added. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. With Chicken Vesuvio served for dinner, you family will enjoy as if you went to a luxury restaurant for fancy meal.
Chicken Vesuvio is hearty, comforting, and made all in one skillet! I first learned about Chicken Vesuvio in college. During my second year, I had a couple of roommates from Illinois. You can have Chicken vesuvio using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken vesuvio
- It’s 6 of Bone in chicken breast.
- Prepare 6 medium of Potatos.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of White wine.
- Prepare 3 large of Green peppers.
- You need 3 large of Green peppers.
- It’s 15 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 can of Cannellini beans.
Wash and pat your chicken dry. Mix flour and spices in a shallow dish. Coat the chicken lightly with the flour mixture, but shake off any excess. Your source for quick recipe every single week day.
Chicken vesuvio instructions
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, oregano (can substitute with Italian seasoning).
- Coat pan with olive oil and sautee 2 cloves of garlic till aromatic.
- Brown seasoned chicken breasts till golden brown. Place browned chicken in roasting pan.
- Cut potatoes into wedges and season with salt, pepper, and oregano..
- In same pan brown potatoes until golden. Place browned potatoes in roasting pan on top of chicken.
- In same pan (add more olive oil if needed) sautee remaining 13 cloves of garlic until golden..
- Deglaze pan with wine and add chicken stock.
- Reduce stock and wine for 3–4 minutes.
- Pour stock with garlic into roasting pan.
- Add sliced green pepper to roasting pan.
- Place roasting pan in oven for 1 hour.
- After an hour remove lid and add can of Cannellini beans for 15 minutes.
Though it's not an authentic Italian dish, Chicken Vesuvio tastes like it could be. Chicken Vesuvio is a classic Chicago restaurant dish: crisp-skinned chicken and deeply browned potatoes in a potent garlic and white wine sauce. Today I would like to share with you my Chicken Vesuvio recipe. I first tasted Chicken Vesuvio at a famous Italian restaurant here in the Chi I used to work at. I researched like a mad woman, trying to find the perfect Italian Chicken Vesuvio.