Healthy General Tso's Chicken.
You can cook Healthy General Tso's Chicken using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy General Tso's Chicken
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch.
- You need 1/4 cup of All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 2 of Large Eggs, beaten.
- You need 2 cups of Crushed Corn Flakes.
- You need of For the Sauce***.
- You need 1.5 cups of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 0.25 cup of Hoisin Sauce.
- Prepare 0.25 cup of Rice Vinegar.
- You need 3 tbs of Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbs of Brown Sugar, packed.
- It’s 2 tbs of Cornstarch.
Healthy General Tso's Chicken step by step
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside..
- Working in batches, dredge chicken in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in crushed Corn Flakes, pressing to coat..
- Place onto prepared baking sheet and coat with nonstick spray. Place into oven and bake until golden brown and crisp, about 13-15 minutes..
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, combine chicken broth, hoisin, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chicken and gently toss to combine..