Rhubarb and Strawberry Trifle.
You can have Rhubarb and Strawberry Trifle using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb and Strawberry Trifle
- You need of [For the rhubarb compote:].
- It’s 250 grams of Rhubarb.
- You need 20 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 15 grams of Honey.
- You need 1/2 of Orange (squeeze out the juice, and grate the zest).
- You need 1/2 of Cinnamon stick.
- It’s 60 grams of Strawberries.
- Prepare of [For the custard cream:].
- Prepare 300 ml of Milk.
- It’s 3 of Egg yolks.
- You need 40 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 5 grams of Plain flour.
- It’s 5 grams of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 70 grams of White chocolate.
- It’s 1/2 of Vanilla beans.
- Prepare of [For the topping:].
- You need 100 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 1 of as much (to taste) Sliced almonds.
Rhubarb and Strawberry Trifle step by step
- First, prepare the ingredients for the rhubarb compote..
- Add the rhubarb and the other ingredients except for the strawberries into a shallow saucepan, cover with a lid, and cook for about 7-8 minutes over low heat. Cook until it becomes soft while skimming off the scum..
- Add the strawberries to the saucepan from Step 2, and continue simmering for 1-2 minutes..
- Next, prepare the ingredients for the custard cream..
- Heat up the milk with vanilla bean in a separate saucepan..
- Whip the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until the mixture becomes pale, then add the flour and cornstarch..
- Gradually pour the mixture from Step 5 into the bowl from Step 6 a little at a time, and return the mixture to the saucepan over low heat. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes until thickened..
- Add the melted white chocolate to the saucepan from Step 7, and set aside until cool..
- Whip the heave cream to finish..
- Layer the rhubarb, strawberries, custard cream, and whipped cream in a glass dish, and sprinkle with roasted almond slices..