Rhubarb Shortbread Squares.
You can have Rhubarb Shortbread Squares using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Shortbread Squares
- It’s 1 cup of All-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cold butter.
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 4 cup of Diced fresh or frozen rhubarb.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Water.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 envelope of Unflavored gelatin.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Cold water.
- Prepare 4 of Drops red food-coloring, optional.
- Prepare 1 cup of Whipping cream, whipped.
Rhubarb Shortbread Squares step by step
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 8-in square baking dish..
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack..
- In a saucepan, bring the rhubarb, sugar, water and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender, stirring occasionally..
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir into rhubarb mixture. Cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in food coloring if desired. Cover and refrigerate until cooled, about 2 hours..
- Fold in whipped cream. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Cut into squares..