Rhubarb Ice Cream.
You can have Rhubarb Ice Cream using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Ice Cream
- It’s of Rhubarb Sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of finely shredded fresh orange peel.
- It’s 6 cups of fresh rhubarb, 1/2 in. pieces.
- It’s of Ice Cream Mix.
- Prepare 4 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract.
Rhubarb Ice Cream step by step
- Heat whipping cream and milk in saucepan over medium heat until bubbles begin to appear around edge of pan. Slowly add sugar, stirring constantly, 2-3 minuets or until sugar is dissolved. Immediately place saucepan in to another pan of ice water and cool to room temperature. Stir in vanilla, pour mixture into a large bowl, cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hrs..
- Rhubarb Sauce: Mix sugar, water, orange peel in saucepan to blend; bring to a boil. Stir in rhubarb, reduce heat; simmer uncovered, stirring often, until rhubarb is tender and mixture is thickened. Cool then refrigerate..
- Stir in 3 cups of rhubarb sauce into cream mixture bowl. Pour mixture into a 1 gallon ice cream freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions..