Chicken Saagwala (courtesy of Weight Watchers).
You can have Chicken Saagwala (courtesy of Weight Watchers) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Saagwala (courtesy of Weight Watchers)
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil (divided).
- You need 4 tsp of curry powder, hot.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ginger root, fresh, finely chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1 lb of uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- You need 2 large of fresh tomatoes, ripe, seeded, and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 10 oz of fresh spinach, baby leaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cilantro, fresh, chopped.
Chicken Saagwala (courtesy of Weight Watchers) instructions
- Place 1 tablespoon of oil, curry powder, coriander, cumin, ginger, and garlic in large non-stick skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until toasted and fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil and chicken to skillet; stir to coat with spiced oil..
- Add tomatoes to skillet; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Uncover and stir to combine..
- Add spinach to skillet; cover and cook for 5 minutes more. Uncover and stir to combine….
- Add salt, water and cilantro to skillet; simmer for 1 minute. Yields about 1 1/2 heaping cups per serving..
- NOTES: Round this classic Indian dish with simple yet flavorful rice recipe: cook brown basmati rice with 1/2 a diced onion, a small piece of a cinnamon stick and 1/2 bay leaf. Just remove the spices before serving..