Rita rhubarb torte. NOTE: You may sprinkle the topping with coconut or nuts before baking if you wish, coconut seems to keep the topping. Each year when Grandmother asked what kind of birthday cake I'd like, I always said I wanted her rhubarb torte. Serve torte with sweetened strawberries, if desired.
BETTY'S TIP: When choosing fresh rhubarb, pick the cream of the crop. Stalks will range in color from rosy pink to bright red. German reciepe made by an American–with a German "teacher"! You can cook Rita rhubarb torte using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rita rhubarb torte
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 4 cup of sliced rhubarb.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of graham crumb crust recipe.
- You need 1 cup of whipping cream.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows.
- It’s 3 3/4 oz of vanilla instant pudding.
- It’s 1 cup of graham crumbs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of melted margarine.
But it tastes heavenly–sweet and tangy! Meanwhile, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, gradually adding the remaining sugar and the honey. Combine cornstarch and sugar; stir in water and rhubarb. Keyword Rehberi Kayıtları (rhubarb torte – rhubarb torte recipe).
Rita rhubarb torte instructions
- Combine sugar and cornstarch, stir in rhubarb and water. Cook and stir until thickened..
- Reduce heat cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread on cooled graham crumb and cool..
- Whip the cream and fold in marshmallow. Spoon on rhubarb mixture..
- Prepare pudding and spread over all. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs..
- Pat crumb mixture in bottom of a 9 inch springform pan..
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool..
Another yummy rhubarb recipe in my mom's collection from another close family friend, Marilyn Hanson. Martha's sister-in-law Rita Christiansen never adds too much fruit to the filling because, when mixed with other fruit, rhubarb will absorb some. Rhubarb can be substituted with any berries or fruit. Caution: This may be hazardous to your diet. Egg whites, cream of tartar, sugar, rhubarb.