Rhubarb-filled cookies. I won a blue ribbon at our local fair for these tender cookies. They're so pretty with the ruby-red filling peeking through the dough. Add sugar and boil down to preserves.
This Rhubarb Cookie Recipe makes unique cookies that look pretty with pink rhubarb, and taste truly delicious. If you love Rhubarb you will enjoy this combination of rhubarb, oats and white chocolate chips. I did chop the rhubarb in the food processor to get it into smaller pieces and that worked well. You can have Rhubarb-filled cookies using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb-filled cookies
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- You need 1 cup of butter, softened.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 4 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of Filling.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 6 tbsp of water, divided.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
I won a blue ribbon at our local fair for these tender cookies. They're so pretty with the ruby-red filling peeking through the dough. Try making these special cookies and. Rhubarb Drop Cookies. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Rhubarb-filled cookies instructions
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, backing soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be sticky).
- For Filling, combine the rhubarb,sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in a large saucepan, bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; Stir into rhubarb mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased backing sheets. Using the end of wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each cookie; fill with a rounded teaspoon of filling. Top with 1/2 teaspoon of dough, allowing some filling to show. Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned..
- Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Strawberry Rhubarb Tarts are a delicious combination of sweet strawberries and tart rhubarb. Each free form tart is wrapped in a buttery and crumbly pastry. Rhubarb and cream-cheese filled sour cream streusel muffins are perfect for spring. The cookies were an immediate hit. Using fingers that are lightly dipped in water, form a small hollow well in the middle of each cookie – about ¾".