Rhubarb Strawberry Pudding Cake.
You can have Rhubarb Strawberry Pudding Cake using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Strawberry Pudding Cake
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of plus 1/2 cup sugar.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped fresh rhubarb stalks.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped fresh strawberries..
- You need 1 cup of Flour (all-purpose).
- You need 1 3/4 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 large of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Whole milk.
- Prepare 1 stick of (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Pure vanilla extract.
Rhubarb Strawberry Pudding Cake step by step
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F. Butter an 8 inch square glass or ceramic baking dish..
- Stir together water, cornstarch and 1/3 cup sugar in a small saucepan, then stir in rhubarb. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, then simmer stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in strawberries..
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl..
- Whisk together egg, milk, butter and vanilla in a large bowl, then whisk in flour mixture until just combined..
- Reserve 1/2 cup fruit mixture, then add remainder to baking dish and pour batter over it, spreading evenly..
- Drizzle reserved 1/2 cup fruit mixture over batter. Bake until wooden pick inserted in center of cake portion comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes..
- Cool in pan on a rack 5 minutes before serving..
- NOTE: obtained recipe from local newspaper..