Rhubarb overnight oats. This overnight oats recipe can be made in advance – so it's ready for you to eat or take to work on those. Rhubarb is one of those, for me. I think it's because I've never known what to do with it aside from making a pie or a Another note about the overnight oats is that you don't have to serve them cold.
Get the recipe at Food & Wine. This pairing of rhubarb and custard with overnight oats tastes amazing, but is barely half a syn. Up to you whether you syn half a syn! You can cook Rhubarb overnight oats using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb overnight oats
- You need 2-3 sticks of (or more) rhubarb chopped into pieces.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of maple syrup + extra for serving.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of fresh orange juice – or water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of rosewater – if you’re not using rosewater, 1/2-1 tsp ground ginger is also good.
- You need 1 cup of rolled oats.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 100-125 g of unsweetened yogurt of choice eg Greek, coconut etc.
- It’s 1 handful of toasted flaked almonds.
For the Overnight Oats: Add oats and quinoa to a bowl. Add almond milk, yogurt, cinnamon and maple syrup. Overnight oats are similar to oatmeal except thicker, fluffier, and served cold. You make them by soaking raw rolled oats in liquid — usually milk or soy milk — overnight in the fridge.
Rhubarb overnight oats step by step
- Put the rhubarb in a large pan with the maple syrup and orange juice. Cook gently over low heat until the rhubarb is softened..
- In a bowl, mix the oats, cinnamon, yoghurt and half of the almonds..
- When the rhubarb is soft, drain the cooking liquid and keep for later..
- Add the rosewater to the rhubarb and mix gently..
- Add the cooking liquid from the rhubarb to the oats mix. Then add half of the rhubarb. Put the rest in a separate bowl. Put both bowls in the fridge overnight..
- When you’re ready to eat, serve the oats with the extra rhubarb with the rest of the almonds and maybe some extra yogurt if needed. Enjoy 😋.
Combine rolled oats, natural yoghurt and desired quantity of stewed apples and rhubarb. Put in a container and leave overnight, great to eat as Breakfast! This Cheddar and Herb Savory Overnight Oats Recipe is a new way to turn oatmeal into a healthy breakfast. Chia Overnight Oats made with chia, oats, and almond milk. So easy and perfect for a quick healthy breakfast on Berry Chia Overnight Oats.