Thai Green Chicken Curry.
You can cook Thai Green Chicken Curry using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Green Chicken Curry
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of green curry paste.
- It’s 6 of chicken thighs, skin and bones removed, meat cut into strips or 2 chicken breasts cut into strips.
- You need 400 ml of tin coconut milk.
- It’s 2 of lime leaves (optional).
- You need 2-3 tbsp of Thai fish sauce.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of palm sugar.
- You need handful of green beans, trimmed.
- You need 1 of small tin of bamboo shoots.
- It’s 1-2 handful of basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 of small cup of spinach juice (optional).
- You need of To serve.
- Prepare of Thai fragrant rice, cooked according to packet instructions.
Thai Green Chicken Curry instructions
- Heat a couple tbsps of coconut milk in a wok over a high heat until coconut milk starts to bubbly. Add the green curry paste and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant..
- Add the chicken strips and stir until coated in the curry paste. Continue to stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until the chicken has browned on all sides..
- Add the coconut milk, lime leaves, fish sauce and sugar and stir well. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering. Continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and you see gorgeous green oil separated from the coconut milk..
- Add green beans and bamboo shoots..
- Add spinach juice (for more beautiful green in the curry. This is my special touch as it will make the curry sauce rich in green colour) you can simply blend it with food blender and use just the juice. Then continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir regularly, until just tender. Add some basil leaves at the last minute and stir well..
- To serve, spoon the rice into four serving bowls, then ladle over the Thai green chicken curry..