Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts. This versatile stuffed chicken breast dish is easy enough for a weeknight supper but elegant enough for company. Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr. Feta cheese, roasted peppers, spinach and more flavors from the Mediterranean fill these easy stuffed chicken breasts.
I used these chicken breasts to make mediterranean inspired chicken rice bowls, which I will be posting in the next few days. Pierce chicken with fork several times and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Our Mediterranean chicken is stuffed with nutritious and tasty ingredients like kalamata olives and sun-dried tomatoes, and it's easy to prepare. You can have Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 cup of white mushrooms finely diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes in oil finely diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of black olives finely diced.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of dry oregano.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare of fresh basil leafs.
- You need 4 tablespoon of goat cheese (I've used spreadable type, black pepper seasonned).
- You need 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
The next time you're looking for healthy chicken recipes, look to the tangy and earthy ingredients of the Mediterranean! Try this Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe, or contribute your own. Combine pepper, cheese, olives and basil. Cut a horozontal slit through the thickest part of the chicken breast to form a pocket.
Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts instructions
- Preheat oven at 400°..
- In a bowl, mix mushrooms with sun dried tomatoes, black olives, garlic powder and oregano, reserve..
- In an other bowl, mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar, reserve..
- Cut chicken breasts length wise to make pocket, reserve..
- Spread goat cheese inside each chicken breast, on both sides..
- Cover inside of chicken breasts with fresh basil leafs, as needed..
- Fill in pocket with mushroom mix..
- Close pocket with toothpicks..
- Brush top and bottom of chicken breasts with oil and vinegar mix..
- Put on baking sheet covered with parchemin paper and cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes..
- Broil for couple of minutes..
- Serve with side salad and hot bread or any sidedish you want..
Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. This tasty Mediterranean-Stuffed Chicken breast recipe is from the new Foster Farms DORI™ on package QR code, accessible via smartphones in California, Oregon, and Washington. Caprese Stuffed Balsamic Chicken is a twist on Caprese, filled with both fresh AND Sun Dried Chicken breast has never been so juicy and moist than with this Caprese Stuffed Balsamic I LOVE your recipes-this will be my second one to try & the Lemon Herb Mediterranean Pasta Salad that I. These stuffed chicken breasts may seem complicated, but in reality, couldn't be simpler. Serve with cauliflower rice or your favorite vegetable.