Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pulled BBQ Chicken.
You can cook Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pulled BBQ Chicken using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pulled BBQ Chicken
- Prepare 3 lb of bone in chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 of seasoning salt to taste (i use lawrys).
- You need 1 medium of yellow onion (medium dice).
- You need 1 medium of green bell pepper (medium dice).
- You need 2 clove of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 cup of honey mustard bbq sauce (i use sweet baby rays).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of bottled italian salad dressing (i use kraft zesty).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of packed dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of red hot sauce ( i use franks).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke.
- It’s 1 of favorite hamburger buns (toasted).
Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pulled BBQ Chicken instructions
- Season chicken breasts liberally with the seasoning salt. Place skin down in crock pot..
- Mix the remaining 10 ingredients together until well combined. Pour mixture over the chicken breasts..
- Cook chicken on high for approximately 2.5 -3 hours or until temperature reaches 165°F internally. When done remove chicken and allow to cool some..
- When cool enough to touch, shred chicken into bite size pieces. I simply use my hands to do this. Add shredded chicken back in the crock pot and cook on low heat for one hour. If you want a thicker sauce, a cornstarch slurry will thicken it more..
- We usually serve this burger style, but over rice is also good. You can use any cut of chicken you like. Chicken thighs are a great choice for this recipe and can stand up to longer cooking times. Boneless skinless chicken breast are not a very good choice for this recipe. They cook really fast. If they are over cooked, the best you can do is just cut them into bite size pieces. So be sure to adjust your cooking time to much less. Enjoy..