Easy Southwest Grilled Chicken.
You can have Easy Southwest Grilled Chicken using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Southwest Grilled Chicken
- Prepare of For the meat.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of boneless chicken breast.
- It’s of For the marinade.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Lite olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of Frank's Red Hot.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare of The slather sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lite Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Frank's Red Hot.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of Chili powder.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of Paprika.
Easy Southwest Grilled Chicken step by step
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. If you have some thick pieces, filet them in half. You're looking for about 1/2 inch thick..
- Put the chicken into a large bowl. Now add all of the ingredients of the marinade. Use a pair of tongs to flip the chicken over a few times to make sure it's coated evenly..
- Cover and put it in the refrigerator. You can leave it there for as little as half an hour, or up to about 4 hours. Note: I usually only have time for about half an hour, so at this point I would go out and light a chimney starter of coals..
- Add all of the ingredients for the slather sauce to a small bowl and mix thoroughly. It will be a lot thicker then the marinade. Set aside for later..
- So, this is where the magic happens. Set up your grill for high heat, and be sure to clean the grates. Take the chicken out of the bowl and put it right on the grill. No need to oil the grates here, you've already oiled the chicken..
- Close the lid and crack a cold one, you won't be busy for about 5 minutes. If you want to get fancy though, give the chicken a quarter turn after about 2 1/2 minutes..
- After 5 minutes, flip the chicken over. With a basting brush, slather on about half the sauce. You now have another 5 minutes to finish your beer..
- At this point an instant-read thermometer should tell you that your chicken is about 155°F. Flip it again and use the rest of the sauce. Watch carefully here, you want the chicken to get right to 160..
- You're done! Pull the chicken off the grill and let it rest for about 5 minutes. Enjoy!.