Home Made Pizza Dough #4WeekChallenge.
You can cook Home Made Pizza Dough #4WeekChallenge using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Home Made Pizza Dough #4WeekChallenge
- You need 300 gm of all-purpose flour, divided into 2. Have extra for dusting.
- You need 2 1/4 of teaspoonInstant yeast.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder/or dry basil leaves (optional).
- You need 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of warm water.
Home Made Pizza Dough #4WeekChallenge step by step
- Combine 150gm of flour, instant yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. (add garlic powder and dried basil at this point as well.).
- Add olive oil and warm water and use a wooden spoon to stir well..
- Gradually add another 1 cup (125g) of flour. Add any additional flour as needed. The dough will be slightly sticky but still should be manageable in your hands..
- Drizzle a separate, large, clean bowl generously with olive oil and brush up the sides of the bowl..
- Lightly dust your hands with flour and form your pizza dough into a round ball and transfer to your olive oil-brushed bowl. Use your hands to roll the pizza dough along the inside of the bowl until it is coated in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place it in a warm place..
- Allow dough to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Once the dough has risen, use your hands to gently deflate it and transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead briefly until smooth. 3 to 5 minutes should do..
- Use either your hands or a rolling pin to work the dough into 12" circle. Transfer dough a pre greased pizza pan and either pinch the edges or fold them over to form a crust..
- Drizzle additional olive oil over the top of the pizza and brush the entire surface of the pizza with oil. Use a fork to poke holes all over the surface of the pizza. This keeps the dough from bubbling up..
- Bake in Preheated oven for 3 to 5 minutes. Just until the dough firms up and you can easily add your toppings. NOTE I pre bake my crust coz I totally can not stand the taste of 'wet crust'. On essence, you can add your toppings and bake right away.