Tex-Mex Healthy Chicken Menudo. How to Make Tex Mex Chicken and Zucchini. Preheat large deep skillet on low – medium heat and swirl oil to coat. The colors in this are just beautiful.
This low-fat and low sodium dish is a good way to start that I like to sometimes use chicken when making menudo because it does not take long to cook and it is also rich in protein. This Tex Mex Chicken is perfect if you're following a calorie controlled diet, and fits well with any one of the major diet plans such as Weight Watchers. Easy crock pot Tex-Mex shredded chicken for those busy days where you don't want to cook but still want a healthy meal. You can have Tex-Mex Healthy Chicken Menudo using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tex-Mex Healthy Chicken Menudo
- It’s 1 lb of Chicken breast cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 of potatoes peeled and cut into cubes.
- Prepare of Carrots diced.
- It’s 1 of medium sized onion chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 of green and 1 red bell peppers chopped.
- It’s of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- Prepare cubes of Chicken stock or.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Raisins.
I threw this crock pot chicken together the other day when I was on dinner duty. I knew that I could wrap it up in a burrito for my kids, while my wife and I added it to our salad. Looking for the best Healthy Mexican and Tex Mex recipes? Get recipes like Chicken Fajitas, Shrimp Ceviche and Huevos Rancheros from Simply Recipes.
Tex-Mex Healthy Chicken Menudo instructions
- In a bowl marinate chicken pieces in lemon or lime juice, soy sauce, and garlic powder and mix and marinate for 30 min..
- In a pan Or Kawali heat oil cook onion and garlic until onion is translucent then add and cook chicken including the marinade cook until outer layer of chicken has turned brown then add the tomato sauce and chicken stock if you don’t have chicken stock add water while boiling add chicken cubes and stir. Reduce.
- Add the raisins, carrots and potatoes and cover. If you need to add more water or stock do so dish may dry out season with pepper. Then add the bell peppers I’m using yellow because I’m out of green or red and optional I added some corn to make it Tex-Mex Style..
- You can serve it with rice, tortillas, or bread or eat it by itself..
A flavorful marinade and a quick sear make for easy homemade chicken fajitas—onions and bell peppers help, too. This is a classic you can. Tex-Mex chicken with authentic flavor is as easy as combining seven ingredients in a slow cooker—and adding a sprinkle of cheese before serving. Toss chicken with seasoning mix and flour in slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray. Add peppers, corn and salsa; mix lightly.