Ajiaco Santafereño (english).
You can cook Ajiaco Santafereño (english) using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ajiaco Santafereño (english)
- You need of Meat.
- You need 400 grams of Meat bones.
- You need 300 grams of chicken breasts or legs without skin.
- You need 300 grams of Corncob.
- Prepare of Small ingredients.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 130 grams of Ground saffron.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 small of bunch coriander leaves, chopped.
- You need 3 tsp of salt.
- You need 5 tbsp of dry Guascas (galinsoga), crush a little with fingers.
- It’s 1 cup of salt/lake capers, rinsed.
- Prepare 1 cup of (ab. 1 dl) sour cream (crème fraîche/crème double/sauerrahm).
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- It’s 500 grams of mealy potatoes, small pieces.
- It’s 350 grams of Red-skinned potatoes, rather waxy variety, in bite-sized pieces.
- It’s 350 grams of yellow/white potatoes, rather waxy variety, in bite-sized pieces.
Ajiaco Santafereño (english) instructions
- Beef bones, corn, 2 tsp salt, pepper, saffron in 2 L cold water, bring to a boil,skim off foam, reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2h half covered.
- Leave flowing the beef broth through a sieve into a clean pot, discard bones, set aside broth and corn.
- start separate in a cold pot chicken breast, green onions, coriander leaves, and 1 teaspoon salt in 1L water, bring to a boil, remove the lid and simmer for 20 min.
- Leave flowing chicken broth through a sieve into a clean pot, discard onions and coriander. Let cooling slightly the chicken breast, then tear into bite-sized strips..
- Mix the chicken broth and beef bones broth. You can also degrease the broth. The best to do, let it cool down until the fat on the edges of the surface form small plates and then can be easily lifted..
- Pour in 5dl water the chopped boiling potatoes, bring them to a boil, lid very opened and simmer for 1long hour.
- Pass the broth along with potatoes through a Passe-vite (or mish until puree with a hand mixer) and then stir well with a whisk. The broth should now have a slightly thickish consistency or texture -but definitely still liquid. If it seems to hard, add again some water..
- Enter the boiled potatoes and the Guascas in the broth and simmer for 20 min..
- Add the chicken and corncobs, simmer again for 10 min (or until potatoes are cooked). Season to taste with salt..
- Spread the soup on a plate or bowl, decorate with a dauber cream, give capers separately. If you serve capers in brine, then be cautiously about seasoning the soup with salt, the small fruits could be quite salty..
- Enjoy your soup!.