Rhubarb Custard Pie. Rhubarb Custard Pie is a decadent dessert recipe perfect for a sweet summer treat. A flaky pie crust is filled with a rich egg custard and tart rhubarb for a classic pie you will adore! Tart rhubarb and creamy custard—sweetened with just a hint of orange zest and nestled inside a flaky crust—are a match made in rustic pie heaven.
In Grandmother's day, rhubarb was considered a "spring tonic". Although it's technically a vegetable, it is usually served as a fruit. DIRECTIONS Scatter rhubarb in pie plate. You can have Rhubarb Custard Pie using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Custard Pie
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs.
- It’s 4 cup of rhubarb pieces.
- It’s 9 of pie shell.
- You need of Topping.
- It’s 3/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 6 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 6 tbsp of butter, softened.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of cinnamon.
When it's baked the crust will be on the bottom, custard in the middle, and rhubarb on top. We would have Rhubarb preserves, Rhubarb and Strawberry pie, and this Rhubarb custard pie. This is from the archives of my grandmother, Ethel Eynard. Rhubarb Custard Pie. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Rhubarb Custard Pie step by step
- mix 1 1/2 C sugar, 1/4 C flour, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and add to beaten eggs. stir in rhubarb. pour filling into unbaked pie crust. mix topping ingredients until crumbly. sprinkle on top of pie. ring crust with foil first 35 minutes. bake at 400°F for approximately 50 minutes. serves 8.
- easy pie crust.
- pie crust.
- 1 1/2 C flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tbls sugar, add 2 tbls milk, 1/2 C oil, mix in pie pan, make hole and add liquid ingredients, mix with fork and press in pan. can bake ahead 350°F for 20 minutes or unbaked as for rhubarb pie..
Spring would not be complete without a RHUBARB CUSTARD PIE. Here is my version, plus two other rhubarb classics. But a rhubarb-custard pie is a good start. Rhubarb Custard Pie is my Moms's recipe. To make a long story short – I love this pie!