Vickys Rhubarb & Custard Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Rhubarb & Custard Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Rhubarb & Custard Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 350 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 60 g of gold foil wrapped Stork margarine block.
- Prepare 300 g of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 300 g of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of custard powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder, very slightly rounded.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of xanthan gum if using gf flour.
- You need 350 g of trimmed rhubarb cut into 2cm sized pieces.
- You need 55 g of soft brown sugar for topping.
- Prepare 1 tsp of extra ground cinnamon.
Vickys Rhubarb & Custard Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Add the lemon juice to the coconut milk and let stand to curdle while you get on with the next steps.
- Preheat the oven to gas 3 / 160C / 325F and grease and line a 24" round cake tin.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar until pale and fluffy then beat in the vanilla and lemon zest.
- Sift together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and cinnamon, mix well then fold into the creamed margarine / sugar.
- Stir in the milk then gently mix in the chopped rhubarb.
- Pour the batter into the lined cake tin. The batter will be thick but the rhubarb will release juices while it bakes.
- Mix the topping ingredients together and sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean with no raw batter on it. If the top of the cake begins to burn before it's done cover it loosely with foil.
- Let stand in the tin for 5 minutes before releasing and letting cool on a wire rack before slicing.
- Delicious served warm with some hot custard.