Rhubarb and curd cheese muffins. This is a great way to use up that frozen rhubarb in your freezer, but you can also use fresh rhubarb. It makes a moist and tangy muffin. These muffins are very moist tender and delicious.
Perfect for using up your rhubarb, plus the muffins stay moist for days! I wouldn't say rhubarb muffins are something I crave madly, but man alive, I had trouble not diving into the muffins to retrieve another for a midday snack. When I saw this rhubarb curd on a couple blogs, I was instantly smitten and had to try it for myself. You can cook Rhubarb and curd cheese muffins using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb and curd cheese muffins
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 150 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 125 of curd cheese (try Eastern European shops or Polish section in Tesco) or Ricotta.
- You need 75 ml of kefir.
- You need 60 grams of melted butter (let it cool down).
- Prepare 175 grams of diced rhubarb.
- You need 100 grams of flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 60 grams of corn flour.
- You need of Tiny bit of vanilla extract (optional).
- Prepare of .
It's got the zing and intrigue of passionfruit curd, but it's.pink! The shortbread is an adaptation of (shocker!) Karen DeMasco's recipe, with some spices added to complement the rhubarb. I found this old rhubarb recipe which I had in my recipe box for many years, but never actually made it – until now. Gently fold in the chopped rhubarb and the chopped nuts.
Rhubarb and curd cheese muffins step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Whisk eggs and sugar.
- Mix curd cheese, kefir and melted butter.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Fold together all ingredients. Batter should be lumpy, so don't overmix..
- Spoon the mixture into a lined muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden on top..
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about three quarters full. These fluffy, bakery-style rhubarb and marzipan muffins use flavours that are a little bit different, but they work so well!! And check out my secret ingredient to inject more rhubarb flavour whilst helping to get that perfect rise! Savoury Cheese muffins: Cheesy, buttery, garlicky and so moist, these taste like cheesy garlic bread! This is the stuff savoury muffin dreams are made of.