Rhubarb Cream Pie.
You can have Rhubarb Cream Pie using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Cream Pie
- You need of Pie.
- You need 2 cup of Ruhubarb.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/8 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks.
- It’s 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 9 of inch unbaked pie shell.
- Prepare of Meringue.
- It’s 3 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of sugar.
Rhubarb Cream Pie instructions
- Mix ruhubarb with ingredients in order given and spread in pie shell..
- Bake in a hot oven at 400°F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking for 30 minutes. Top with meringue.
- For meringue: Beat egg whites with vanilla and cream of tartar till stiff peak forms. Gradually add sugar. Beat until stiff and sugar is dissolved. After baking pie, spread meringue over filling sealing the edges. Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until meringue is slightly brown..