Rhubarb oats tart with frangipane. Rhubarb Frangipane Tart – a rhubarb tart filled with almond cream topped with spring rhubarb and brushed with a ginger and vanilla glaze. Rhubarb season is here and I could not be happier about it! Rhubarb is one of the most beautiful vegetables (I always thought it was a fruit because you always.
After yesterday's gorgeous blue skies and balmy sun, we have a cold wet day today! Concentrated sweet wines have a knack for compensating the acidity in desserts like this one. The tartness of the rhubarb pairs like a dream with the softer vanilla aromas! rhubarb frangipane tart, with rhubarb stem ginger jam and fresh rhubarb and lemon and mahlab spice, such a tasty tart to make. You can have Rhubarb oats tart with frangipane using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb oats tart with frangipane
- It’s 4-5 sticks of rhubarb.
- You need of For the oats base.
- You need 3 cups of oats.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of golden caster sugar.
- You need 220 g of butter.
- Prepare of For the frangipane.
- Prepare 125 g of butter.
- You need 125 g of golden caster sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 125 g of ground almonds (you can also do half almonds and half coconut).
- Prepare 1 pinch of ground cardamom (optional).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Rhubarb can be quite bitter so the sweetness of the jam and almond frangipane creates a wonderful mix of flavours. I always look forward to forced rhubarb each. Thin slices of tart, seasonal rhubarb top a sweet almond frangipane filling, nestled into a buttery shortbread crust. It's as delicious as it is beautiful!
Rhubarb oats tart with frangipane step by step
- Preheat the oven on 180 and line a cake tin with oven paper and butter. In a mixer add the oats the flour and the salt and mix for about 30 secs so that the oats get thinner..
- In a standing mixer add the butter, and the sugar and make into a light butter. Add the oats and mix together. Add the paste into the tin lining the bottom and making borders ready..
- Add a layer of oven paper on top of the base and add baking beads or marbles. I skipped this step this time around and it was fine but I would recommend going through the hassle. If you want to risk it like me then just put the tin in without the beads, cook for 15 min and when it comes out of the oven use the back of a spoon to flatten the surface.leave it to cool down.
- In the meantime make the frangipane by adding the butter and the sugar in a bowl and make it into a fluffy paste. Add the egg, vanilla, cardamom and the almonds and mix it all together. Spoon the frangipane into the cool tart base..
- Cut the rhubarb into 2 inches length pieces at an angle and press them into the frangipane. Try and squeeze in as many as possible cutting smaller pieces if needed. Cook in the oven for 30/40min.
For the life of me, I can't be sure if I thought of this myself or saw it somewhere. The pâte sucrée tart shell layered with tangerine macerated rhubarb that is nestled in luscious frangipane with an equally delicious history, was the manifestation of this inspiration. This rhubarb frangipane tart recipe can be made a day ahead, making it an ideal dinner party dessert. Sharp, candy-pink rhubarb is the perfect contrast to While the tart shell is baking, you can make the frangipane. Beat the butter and golden caster sugar together until light and creamy, then beat in the.