Healthy baked chicken nuggets. Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets are made with chunks of chicken breasts coated in breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese then baked until golden. An easy homemade chicken recipe for toddlers and adults! What can be more kid-friendly than chicken nuggets, even the pickiest kids like them!
A much more healthy alternative than deep fried and they actually taste better! These healthy baked chicken nuggets are coated in a crispy almond flour breading and baked instead of fried. I have been a chicken nugget fan for as long as I can remember. You can cook Healthy baked chicken nuggets using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy baked chicken nuggets
- It’s 16 oz of skinless chicken breast.
- You need pinch of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 6 tbsp of whole wheat italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of panko.
- It’s 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
I used to think they were the healthy option at fast food restaurants. But because chicken nuggets are so greasy and highly processed, I began making them at home. This way, I can add any flavors we like and they are also much healthier. I shape them into little patties and bake them to perfection.
Healthy baked chicken nuggets step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- spray baking sheet w/ olive oil spray.
- put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, Pablo, and parmesan cheese in another.
- Season Chicken w/ salt & pepper, then put in the bowl w/ olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.
- put chicken on baking sheet for 8-10 min. turn over then cook 4-5 min more..
The result is nuggets that are crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside. These Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets are easy to make with just a handful of ingredients. They turn out crispy and delicious – the best kid-friendly recipe! If your kids enjoy fast food, surprise them with this homemade baked chicken nuggets recipe! You'll get some big smiles around the table for sure.