Cajun Stew. Packed with flavor, this dish is surprisingly quick and easy since it has just five ingredients. Spicy Cajun Stew Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Get delicious Cajun stew recipes for your next meal or gathering.
This is my mom's recipe and I tell you, it is delicious. Recipe below: Check out how to make this simple budget. Cajun food kinda reminds me sometimes of Mexican food. You can cook Cajun Stew using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun Stew
- Prepare 2 of Bone less/skin less chicken breast.
- It’s 2 of Link spicy sausage.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Bag of medium size shrimp peeled and deveined.
- It’s 1 medium of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 small of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 stalk of Celery chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 of Green onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh parsley.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- It’s 1 of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 4 dash of Worcestershire.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 1 can of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1 pinch of Fresh thyme.
DIRECTIONS Heat olive oil in a large stew pot. Add chopped tomatoes, lima beans, blackeye peas and cajun seasoning. This savory Cajun Chicken Stew Recipe is easy to prepare, but the one common mistake folks make is trying to prepare a chicken stew with young fryers. A mature hen makes a better stew. Последние твиты от Cajun Fox Stew (@danbnsu). funkitude.
Cajun Stew instructions
- Pour oil in to pot and heat over medium to high heat. Cut chicken breast into small to medium cubed sized pieces add to pot. Cook through. Slice sausage and add to chicken. Continue to brown..
- Add celery, onion, and green bell peppers cook until softened. 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, chicken stock, salt, cayenne, garlic and bay leaves. Reduce heat to medium/low, cover and simmer. 30 minutes.
- Add flour and stir into stew, continue cooking for 5 minutes. In separate bowl sprinkle shrimp with Cajun seasoning toss to coat evenly and add to stew immediately. Add dashes of worcestershire, stir and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through..
- Stir in green onion, and parsley continuing to cook over low heat until well incorporated and heated through. 5 minutes..
- Serve over rice of choice and dollop some potato salad on the side and enjoy!.
- Notes: You can substitute crushed tomatoes for tomato paste if you like chunks of tomatoes, just use less chicken stock if you would like it to be a thicker broth. If your not a fan of spicy sausage mix it up and use what ever is to your liking! I just happen to love spicy and think it gives it a nice kick..
Cajun Fox Stew Ретвитнул(а) Effie Bonful. I can see you're having a rough day to be doing the barest minimum. Cajun-Style Smothered Pork Chops, Louisiana Kitchen, spicy dark roux-based grav. Stewed perch in tomato sauce, serve food in the Provencal style, in a pan. top view , copy Space. Use your slow cooker to create a luscious surf 'n' turf stew loaded with chicken, shrimp, and andouille sausage.