Betty's Rhubarb Torte FUSF.
You can cook Betty's Rhubarb Torte FUSF using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Betty's Rhubarb Torte FUSF
- Prepare of For the crust.
- It’s 1 cup of margarine.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s of For the filling.
- You need 5 cups of diced rhubarb.
- Prepare 6 of egg yolks.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare of Zest of 2 oranges.
- It’s of For the meringue.
- It’s 6 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Betty's Rhubarb Torte FUSF step by step
- In mixing bowl, combine margarine, flour and sugar..
- Butter a 9×13 pan..
- Pat dough mixture onto bottom and sides of pan..
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven..
- Lower temperature to 325 degrees..
- Spread rhubarb over crust..
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until smooth. Add flour and combine..
- Add evaporated milk and orange zest. Stir slightly..
- Pour the filling over the rhubarb and bake for 45 minutes..
- While rhubarb is cooking, in a standing mixer, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form..
- Gradually add vanilla, sugar and salt..
- Continue beating until stiff peaks form..
- Spoon meringue over custard, then bake for an additional 15 minutes..