Mike's berry pie. Mixed Berry Pie with homemade pie crust, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries bake together to make the most amazing berry pie you've ever tasted! We love fruit desserts almost as much as we. This triple berry pie always gets raving reviews!
It holds together perfectly every single time. I make this family favorite every year for a gathering at my sister's, where the recipe is known as "Uncle Mike's pie." I use only fresh berries, apples and rhubarb that I grow myself. This Berry Pie has a crisp and buttery top and bottom pastry crust, with a filling full of lightly sweetened blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and. You can have Mike's berry pie using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's berry pie
- Prepare of Filling.
- You need 2 cup of Finley sliced and peeled tart apples.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- You need 1 cup of Fresh strawberries cut in half.
- Prepare 1 cup of Fresh blueberries.
- It’s 1 cup of Fresh raspberries.
- You need 1 cup of Fresh blackberries.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of All purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground allspice.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of milk.
These individual Mixed Berry Pies are perfect for portion control. Easy to make, filled with mixed berries I'm a sucker for pie, especially berry pie. Cakes and cookies I could easily do without, but. Stir the berry mixture and pour the filling into the pastry-lined pie plate.
Mike's berry pie step by step
- In a large bowl toss the apples with lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add the berries and rhubarb.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour cinnamon allspice and sugar.
- And the Apple mixture to the sugar mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Spoon the filling into the crust and dot with butter.
- Roll out crust and place over the filling. Trim seal and flute the edges.
- Brush milk over the crust and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 50 to 60 minutes longer or until the crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cover the edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent over browning if necessary.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Fold the top crust under the bottom crust, pressing. This berry pie recipe is easy to put together! The tricks are to let the whole berries macerate in sugar first, and to use instant tapioca as a thickener. You can use cornstarch instead of the instant tapioca. They couldn't be easier (or yummier!).