Healthy Jambalaya. With sausage and shrimp, this paleo Creole recipe is even keto friendly, thanks to cauliflower rice! This jambalaya recipe is so flavorful and delicious. Classic Louisiana meal – hearty and filling.
This chicken and sausage jambalaya is a delicious one pot meal that is perfect for Mardi Gras, or any time of year. Simple, tasty recipes with a healthy twist. Jambalaya is a popular dish in the southern states of America, originating in Louisiana and featuring in both Cajun and Creole cuisines. You can have Healthy Jambalaya using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Jambalaya
- You need 4 of Aidells Cajun Andouille Sausage links.
- You need 1/2 cup of celery, diced.
- You need 3 tsp of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of jalapeno pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of short grain brown rice.
- It’s 4 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of hot sauce.
- You need 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped.
A healthy jambalaya soup will certainly spice things up a little and get you excited about watching what you eat like never before. Healthy Jambalaya will intoxicate your senses with the wonderful spices. Not to mention the healthy farro and succulent shrimp. Especially during the cold months, I love cooking jambalaya, a classic.
Healthy Jambalaya step by step
- Combine rice and chicken broth in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Stir once, then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer about 40 minutes (or about 10 minutes less than stated on the package directions). Tip: start the rice before chopping other ingredients..
- Heat oil in large pot or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and sausages until lightly browned, about 5 minutes..
- Stir in onion, green pepper, jalapeño, celery and garlic. Season with crushed red pepper, onion powder, and pepper. Cook until onion is translucent and tender, about 5 minutes..
- Add partially cooked rice, water, and tomatoes. Stir, bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender (about 10 minutes)..
- Stir in tobacco sauce and serve..
Jambalaya is a classic one-pot recipe filled chicken, sausage, shrimp, and rice. Easy to prepare and completely irresistible, this Jambalaya Recipe includes all the classic flavors of true Cajun/Creole. This healthy jambalaya recipe isn't missing a thing with plump shrimp, spicy sausage, and Cajun Luckily, the traditional ingredients used in jambalaya are pretty easy to accommodate in a healthy diet. This jambalaya recipe also features three different kinds of beans to keep this meatless dish filling and protein-packed. See more ideas about Jambalaya, Granola girl, Healthy jambalaya.