Chicken and Apple Salad.
You can have Chicken and Apple Salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Apple Salad
- Prepare 2 lbs of skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/3 c of and 1 T vegetable oil.
- You need 2 T of sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 T of and 1 tsp Dijon mustard.
- You need 1 tsp of honey.
- You need 2 of Gala apples, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 c of chopped walnuts.
- It’s 1 of small head escarole, torn in pieces.
- It’s 2 heads of Belgian endive, trimmed and sliced.
- It’s 1 c of shredded cheddar cheese.
Chicken and Apple Salad instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Season chicken with 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste..
- In large oven-proof skillet, heat 1 T oil. Add chicken skin-side down and cook until golden. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until thickest part of meat thermometer reads 165°, about 25 min. Transfer to cutting board and let rest 5 min..
- In large bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard and honey. Gradually add oil..
- Remove chicken from bone and slice. In large bowl, toss lettuce, apples, walnuts and dressing. Top with chicken and cheese..