Rhubarb crunch (Alice). Share: Rate this Recipe Spread the rhubarb on top of the crust. Boil the sugar, water, and cornstarch until thick. Cook until thick and clear in a small saucepan.
This Rhubarb Crunch was so delicious with fresh cream skimmed from the top of some milk." Rhubarb Crunch: Rhubarb crunch is a summer staple in my family. As soon as that rhubarb starts popping up in the garden my siblings and I are begging to be given some so we can make rhubarb. Looking for a your Grandma's Rhubarb Crunch Dessert Recipe? You can cook Rhubarb crunch (Alice) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb crunch (Alice)
- It’s 1 cup of floor.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of oatmeal.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of margarine.
- It’s of Rhubarb filling.
- You need 4 cup of rhubarb.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
TOP of Grandma's Rhubarb Crunch Dessert. RETURN to More Rhubarb Dessert Recipes. Rhubarb stems come in all shades, but the sweetest are those with deep red stalks, fading to a light pink or pale green on the inside. Varieties like Victoria, Crimson Cherry, Valentine, and Canada Red.
Rhubarb crunch (Alice) instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- combine flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, brown sugar, and margarine. Use half to make crust..
- Alice cooks the rhubarb filling first. I'd like to try it without cooking rhubarb first..
- Top with rest of the crumbs..
- Bake for 1 hour..
Of course Alice Water, culinary pioneer and the woman behind Chez Panisse, makes a beautiful rhubarb galette. But it's the detail in the crust that makes it totally unique. Combine remaining ingredients (sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla). Fill pie crust with rhubarb and/or apples to the edges. Mix sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla together in a saucepan; cook until clear and thick.