Satay – Malaysian Satay.
You can cook Satay – Malaysian Satay using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Satay – Malaysian Satay
- Prepare of A Chicken.
- Prepare 2 kg of Chicken Breast.
- Prepare of B Blend.
- Prepare 1 of large red onion.
- You need 2 of large brown onion.
- You need 3 of garlics.
- Prepare 5 slices of ginger.
- It’s 5 slices of galangal.
- Prepare 6 of long stalks of lemon grass.
- You need of (Thinly sliced before blending).
- It’s of C Spices.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tumeric powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of Fennel powder.
- Prepare 2 C of white sugar.
- You need 1 C of coconut sugar.
- Prepare of (Or use only 3-4 C white sugar).
- It’s of D Glazing.
- You need of Paste from the marination.
- It’s of Few tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare of Bamboo / metal skewers.
Satay – Malaysian Satay step by step
- A – cut/cube chicken breast no bigger than a size of a thumb. Blend ingredients in B & prepare ingredients in C..
- Marinate chicken in B (blended ingredients) & C (spices), preferably few hours or overnight..
- Thread chicken onto skewers, keeping some of the paste for later use. If using bamboo skewers, soak them for at least an hour before using. Next, Preheat grill to medium heat. Place skewers on the grill, cook, turning satays & occasionally brushing them with the paste from earlier (mixed with oil & honey). Grill until satays are completely done..
- Serve with peanut sauce/gravy. Recipe for peanut is available..