You can have Cobb Salad using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cobb Salad
- Prepare of Dressing:.
- You need 3 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 2 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 c of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 head of romaine lettuce, chopped (3 cups).
- It’s 1/2 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped (3 cups).
- You need 2 of ripe avocados, halved, peeled, and cut into 1/2" cubes.
- It’s 6 of bacon slices, cooked until crisp, drained on paper towels and crumbled.
- Prepare 3 of chicken breasts (skinless, boneless), cooked and cut into bite-size cubes.
- It’s 3 of medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2" cubes.
- Prepare 3/4 c of Roquefort cheese (or your favourite blue cheese), crumbled.
- It’s 3 of eggs, hard-boiled and chopped.
- You need 1/4 c of finely chopped chives.
Cobb Salad instructions
- Make the dressing: In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the oil slowly, whisking until emulsified. Set aside..
- Toss together the Romaine and iceberg lettuce; place in an even layer on a platter. Top with the remaining ingredients, arranged in bands. Set on the table and let your guests admire it..
- Just before serving, pour half the dressing over the salad and toss gently. Pour the remainder of the dressing over the salad and serve..
- NOTE: You can assemble this salad in layers in a straight-sided clear glass salad bowl (trifle bowl) starting with the lettuce followed by the chicken, bacon, tomato, cheese, avocado, egg and chives..
- (675 calories per serving; GL=1, Glycals=7) Add a glass of wine: no change from lunch to the calories, GL or Glycals..