Whole Wheat Pizza Dough.
You can have Whole Wheat Pizza Dough using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- You need Utensils: of .
- Prepare of Dry Cup Measure.
- It’s of 3/4 Cup Measure.
- It’s of Liquid Cup Meaure.
- You need of 1/2 Teaspoon Measure.
- Prepare of Tablespoon Measure.
- It’s of Large Mixing Bowl.
- You need of Wooden Spoon.
- You need of Standard Mixer with paddle and dough hook (helpful but not a must).
- It’s of Plastic Wrap.
- You need of Hand Towels (also known to Chefs as "Side Towels").
- You need Final Dough: of .
- You need 1 Batch of Soaker (https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/259647-basic-soaker).
- It’s 1 Batch of Biga (https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/256550-simple-biga).
- Prepare 7 Tablespoons of Whole Wheat Flour.
- It’s 5/8 Teaspoon of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Instant Yeast.
- You need 2 1/4 Teaspoons of Honey.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough instructions
- In a stand mixer combine all ingredients, mix with paddle attachment on low speed for 1 minute..
- Switch to the hook and mix on medium-low speed for another 6 minutes..
- Divide the dough in 4 smaller balls..
- Coat them in olive oil. Set them in a tray and wrap the tray tightly. Let rise for 1 hour..
- Form the dough into a ball and let it rest on the table for 5 minutes..
- Then roll out using a little flour on the table to help keep from sticking..
- If you are daring, try tossing the dough for a more traditional/ rustic look. At his point the dough is done and ready. At this point you can cover with plastic wrap and freeze until ready to use or bake (time and temp below)..
- Feel free to add a sauce and or toppings on the pizza dough (prior to freezing and or baking)..
- Note: Preheat the oven at 450F. Then bake for 2 minutes and rotate 180 degrees for even baking. The pizza should take 5 to 8 minutes to bake depending on the amount of toppings. The bottom will be lightly tannish brown when done (link)..
- Link to Whole Wheat Pizza with Portobellos, Spinach and Feta Pizza recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/256549-whole-wheat-pizza-portobello-spinach-and-feta-cheese-pizza.