You can cook Rhubarb Torte using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Torte
- Prepare of Ingredient.
- It’s 1 cup of all – purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of margarine.
- It’s 2 tbsp of confectioners' sugar.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- You need 3 1/2 cup of chopped rhubarb.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all – purpose flour.
- You need 3 of egg whites.
- You need 1/4 cup of white sugar.
Rhubarb Torte instructions
- Preheated oven to 350°F..
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, margarine and confectioners' sugar. Mix together until it forms a ball. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch square pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown..
- In a saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, yolks and milk. Stir together, then add chopped Rhubarb. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Pour into hot crust..
- In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over Rhubarb filling, covering completely..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown..