rhubarb cake. Other than adding an extra cup of chopped rhubarb I followed the directions exactly and the cake turned out beautifully. This one bowl Quick Rhubarb Cake is extremely simple to make and even easier to eat! I had never had rhubarb before, and was extremely skeptical after what she had.
This easy cake batter requires no mixer and comes together in minutes. The final result is a rich, custardy cake that plays perfectly off the tart rhubarb topping. My great-aunt gave me this rhubarb cake recipe. You can cook rhubarb cake using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of rhubarb cake
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter …no substitutes, softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb.
- It’s 1 of struesel topping……
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter, melted.
- It’s 1 of vanilla sauce……..
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
It's especially delicious when rhubarb is in season, and tastes even better with the old-fashioned milk topping. Make the most of a sensational seasonal ingredient with our rhubarb cake recipes. Bake up an indulgent rhubarb and custard sponge, vegan rhubarb bake or hybrid crumble cake. Cake made with rhubarb is always a delicious crowd pleaser and a great way to use up your Even if guests think they don't like rhubarb, one of these rhubarb cakes will have them wanting more and.
rhubarb cake instructions
- in bowl, cream butter & sugar. beat in egg. combine flour, baking powder, soda & salt. add to creamed mix alternately with buttermilk, beating just until moistened..
- fold in the rhubarb. pour into greased 9" sq baking dish..
- combine topping ingred. sprinkle over batter. bake at 350° 40-45 min or toothpick test. cool on wire rack.
- for sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. add sugar and milk. bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2-3 min. or until thickened. remove from heat. stir in vanilla. serve with cake.
Rhubarb Streusel Cake with Vanilla Bean Sauce. I got home and began searching for inspiration…I found a bunch of amazing recipes, but decided on this lovely rhubarb cake with a vanilla bean sauce. Share: Rate this Recipe What better way to start the morning than with a steaming mug of coffee and a generous piece of tangy rhubarb coffee cake with cinnamon-sugar. Upside Down Rhubarb Cake that is gluten-free and made with Almond Flour. It is the giving of attention – that keeps us awake.