Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.
You can cook Strawberry Rhubarb Pie using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- It’s 1 of pastry for 2 crust pie.
- You need of pie filling.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of chopped rhubarb.
- You need 16 oz of package strawberries.
- You need 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of glaze.
- Prepare 1 large of egg yolk.
- It’s 1 tsp of water.
- It’s 1 dash of vanilla.
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie step by step
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- combine all 7 filling ingredients in large bowl, toss gently to blend..
- place one pie disk on 9 inch pie pan. trim excess dough and leave 3/4 inch overhang..
- roll out second disk and cut into 14 (1/2") wide strips..
- spoon filling into pie pan..
- arrange strips on top of the filling forming a lattice pattern..
- trim dough ends even with crust overhang. fold strip ends and overhang under, press to seal and crimp edges decoratively..
- brush glaze over crust..
- bake 20 mins at 400°F then reduce heat to 350°F and bake until golden and filling thick. ( about 1 hour 25 mins ).