Brad's strawberry rhubarb jam. Make this strawberry-rhubarb jam for special breakfasts or to give away. "I found a recipe for this jam that I made a few changes to, and this is my final recipe with my changes. It's a hit with all of my friends and family, and I hope that it will be for you as well. Strawberry rhubarb jam recipe with no added pectin.
The combination of the two fruits has long been a popular one. Strawberry rhubarb preserves are by no means innovative, but they're a classic for a reason. The bright, rosy flavor of the sweet-tart pairing is our best attempt at bottling the optimism of the season. You can cook Brad's strawberry rhubarb jam using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's strawberry rhubarb jam
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of rhubarb stalk.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 of flat fresh strawberries.
- It’s 1 box of MCP pectin, yellow box.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice, divided.
- It’s 8 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s of Accessories.
- Prepare 5 pint of jars, 1-1/2 pt jar, sterilized.
- You need of New lids, sterilized rings.
Even after both fruits have concluded their brief, wonderful moments, we'll still have this jam. This tangy Strawberry Rhubarb Jam recipe is a favorite with my family. They'll put it on almost anything, but especially like it on muffins or buttermilk biscuits. Strawberry Rhubarb Jam Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
Brad's strawberry rhubarb jam instructions
- Cut rhubarb stalk into 1/2 inch pieces. Place in a pot with water and 1/8 cup lemon juice..
- Bring to a simmer covered. Simmer until rhubarb becomes soft..
- Crush strawberries in a mixing bowl..
- You will need 6 cups total between the simmered rhubarb, and the crushed strawberries. Including all liquid..
- Put fruit in a large saucepot. Mix in rest of lemon juice and pectin..
- Meanwhile, place canning lids in a small saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to a simmer and hold..
- Bring to a rapid boil on medium high heat. Stirring constantly..
- Slowly mix in sugar. Bring back to a rapid boil. When stirring doesn't stop the boiling, set a timer for 4 minutes. Stir constantly..
- Remove from heat and quickly pour into sterilized jars..
- Wipe rim of jars with a damp cloth.
- Immediately put on hot lids and rings. Use oven mitts. Screw rings on tightly..
- Turn upside down onto a dry towel. Let sit for 5 minutes..
- After that turn right side up. Let sit on towel until they are cooled. They will seal when they cool..
- Let set up overnight. Refrigerate after opening.
Wipe jar rim if necessary, apply the hot sealing disc, and screw lids. Enjoy strawberry-rhubarb jam anytime you want by making your own! SimplyCanning.com shares all you need from harvest to putting it on the shelf in your This strawberry rhubarb jam recipe is made with equal parts Strawberry and Rhubarb. Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large sauce pan and bring to a rolling boil over medium heat. Fresh strawberries and rhubarb, sugar and fruit pectin are cooked briefly then processed in a canner for scrumptious homemade jam.