Easy Chicken Paella.
You can have Easy Chicken Paella using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Paella
- It’s of paella.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- It’s 4 large of boneless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 of plain flour ( for dusting ).
- Prepare 500 grams of paella rice (can use risotto rice).
- You need 6 slice of pancetta (or smokey bacon).
- It’s 100 grams of chorizo.
- You need 1 of onion – finely chopped.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves chopped finely.
- You need 2 liter of hot chicken stock.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 2 large of pinches of saffron.
- You need 2 of handfulls of fresh or frozen peas.
- Prepare 10 of king prawns (optional, can use any seafood).
Easy Chicken Paella instructions
- preheat oven to 190c or gas mark 5.
- season chicken breasts, lightly dust with flour.
- heat a large wok or paella pan with olive oil.
- brown the chicken breats in the pan.
- once all chicken breasts have been browned,place the chicken on a baking tray and place in the centre of the oven for 30 mins.
- whilst chicken is cooking in the oven, fry the chorizo and panchetta in the wok or pan until brown and crispy..
- then add the garlic and onion, cook until soft.
- in the meantime, infuse half the stock with the saffron..
- then add smoked paprika, the rice and the infused chicken stock to the pan. leave to cook for 20 mins on a medium heat. stir from time to time.
- after 20 minutes the rice should be nearly cooked. add the rest of the stock, along with peas, prawns and any seafood you are adding..
- cook for a further 10 minutes..
- take the chicken out of the oven, cut in to large chunks..
- add the chicken to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes..
- check the rice is fully cooked before serving, enjoy!.