Super Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo.
You can cook Super Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Super Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of oil.
- You need 2 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped bell pepper.
- You need 2 clove of chopped garlic.
- It’s 2 lb of smoked sausage.
- It’s 2 lb of boneless chicken breasts.
Super Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo instructions
- Make roux. Combine flour and oil in large soup pot and cook over a medium fire till it turns a dark chocolate brown. You can cook it on high if you want, but be careful not to burn it!.
- Once you've made your roux, add in your onion, bell pepper, and garlic. This stops the roux from cooking anymore. Stir roux and veggies until the onions are translucent and soft..
- Cut up the sausage and chicken into small pieces and add to pot..
- Add about 4 quarts of water. Stir until the roux is completely dissolved..
- Bring to boil and allow gumbo to cook for at least 30-45 minutes before you add any seasoning. Then you can add salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning to taste. I use salt, pepper, Tony's, and Tabasco..
- Turn down burner to medium and allow gumbo to cook for at least 2 hours or more if you want..
- Sometimes I like to add shrimp to my gumbo. If you decide to do this, add it at least 30 minutes before it's finished cooking. Any longer and the shrimp will be too soft and overcooked..