Easy chicken and biscuit casserole. Packed with assorted veggies, this giant chicken pot pie wears a delicate buttermilk biscuit topping. To serve, spoon chicken mixture over biscuits. Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Separate the biscuits and arrange them over the hot. Easy Chicken and Biscuits. to favorites. Whether you call it a hot dish, a bake or a casserole, we can all agree that these dependable and do-able recipes are comfort food at its very best. You can have Easy chicken and biscuit casserole using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy chicken and biscuit casserole
- You need 1 of cooking spray.
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 4 of cubed cooked chicken breast ( I used 5 breasts we like lots of meat).
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- You need 4 cup of mixed frozen vegetables-any you like ( I usually use fresh broccolli, corn, carrots, green beans which I add with chicken last 10 mins so vegs can soak up the seasoning).
- Prepare 1 tsp of chicken boullion or 1 cubes.
- It’s 1 1/2 can of which is 12 refrigerated biscuit dough( I usually use Pillsbury buttermilk or any unsweetened biscuit.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 10 oz of 1 can-condensed mushroom soup.
- Prepare 10 oz of 1 can-condensed cream chicken soup.
This ultra-homey casserole gets the bulk of its substance from tender pieces of shredded chicken breast. Rather than peeling and chopping fresh veggies, your prep time returns far more value in mixing up the biscuit dough, shredding the chicken, and mincing those vibrant fresh herbs to finish. Today I have the best Chicken and Biscuit Casserole made from scratch to share with you. I also have instructions for how to make it with chicken or left-over turkey.
Easy chicken and biscuit casserole step by step
- Season your chicken with seasoning of your choice- I use poultry seasoning when chicken in raw. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil into a skillet, add chicken, cook for 15 mins covered on med-low heat. Add chopped onion & boullion, cook for 3 mins. Add vegetables for last 10 mins of cooking. If using frozen vegs add at last 5 mins of cooking just to warm up. Preheat oven at 400°f.
- Remove chicken breast & cubed. All this point if your using fresh vegs they should be done also..
- Spray a 13×9 pan with cooking spray. Pour soups, milk, thyme & pepper & mix well. Add vegs mix well. Add chicken mix well. Place in oven for 15 mins at 400°f . Take out and mix well..
- Cut biscuits into quarter pieces. And cover chicken mixture with biscuits. Then place back into oven for 15 more mins or until biscuits are golden brown..
There are tons of veggies, including carrots, peas and fresh herbs, and it's topped with easy whole-grain buttermilk drop biscuits. It is one of my quick and easy favorites. This is my first submitted recipe. be kind. Sometimes chicken is better the second time around! Condensed soup and sour cream make a great sauce for leftover chicken in this biscuit-topped casserole.