Easy Chicken & Dumplings.
You can have Easy Chicken & Dumplings using 7 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken & Dumplings
- You need 4 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into pieces.
- Prepare 1 of 10.5 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 2 of 14 oz cans low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 3 of tbl. tablespoons margarine or butter.
- It’s 2 of 7.5 oz cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (do not get layered biscuits).
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Easy Chicken & Dumplings instructions
- Cook chicken breasts in about 3-4 cups water for about 30 – 45 minutes. Remove, cool and break into bite size pieces. Add both cans of chicken broth to a large pot pot. Add cream of chicken soup and bring to a boil. While mixture comes to a boil cut biscuits into 4ths. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces or shred. In a separate small bowl add 1 cup of flour. Dip each biscuit piece into flour. Shake off any excess, drop into hot broth one at a time. Continue with remaining biscuit pieces until you have dropped all of the biscuits into the broth. Using a wooden spoon or a spatula push the biscuit pieces down gently under the broth and cover. Try not to stir to much. Just every once and a while push the dumplings down into the broth. Cook on a low simmer for about 20 minutes and then add 3 tablespoons of margarine and the chicken. Gently stir to mix and cook an additional 10 minutes. Keep warm and serve. Add additional salt and pepper if needed..