Easy Slow Cooked Pulled Chicken Tacos. In your slow cooker, mix the salsa, lime juice, taco seasoning, and cilantro. Salt and pepper the chicken to taste, then mix into the sauce. Easy recipes and cooking hacks right to your inbox.
One of those dinners that you dump in the slow cooker. These slow cooker chicken tacos have the juiciest, most flavorful chicken. The chicken will be incredibly tender and easy to shred. You can have Easy Slow Cooked Pulled Chicken Tacos using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Slow Cooked Pulled Chicken Tacos
- Prepare 2 of Chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chicken stock.
- It’s 1 packages of Tortillas.
- You need of Lettuce.
- You need of Tomatoes.
- You need 1 packages of Mexican blend cheese.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- You need of Chicken seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of Crushed red pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- You need 1 can of Salsa.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
Pull chicken with two forks and let it sit in slow cooker juices until ready to serve. This crockpot pulled chicken is so easy to make – everything just goes into the slow cooker without any special prep. We are making this recipe for the second time! First time, we had it on tacos with slaw and then with mac&cheese.
Easy Slow Cooked Pulled Chicken Tacos instructions
- Combine all dry ingredients for the rub and cover every side of the pieces of chicken. I used chicken breast filets but have also used smaller cuts, just watch it while it's cooking and you'll know when it's done… Falls apart!.
- Pour stock into slow cooker and add chicken. Covering – I cooked on high for 2 hours.. If you do more then 2 breasts, should be around 3-4 hours. But once it's done, you'll know – pulls apart so easily. The picture attached here shows the time I used really small cuts of chicken (was only making it for myself!).
- While the chicken is cooking. Chop up the lettuce, dice the tomato, and onion. Add some oil to a skillet to sauté the onion if your family loves onions as much as mine! OR add the onion into the crock pot and let it cool down with the chicken. Whichever way you prefer..
- Set the table! Tomatoes, onion, cheese, lettuce, salsa and sour cream! I'll upload my families guacamole recipe another time because it's DIVINE..
- ENJOY! :).
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos are such an easy meal, either on a busy weeknight or for a party. For the chicken, we use boneless skinless chicken thighs because they have more internal fat, more flavor, and they hold up better to long slow cooking than breasts. The key to our slow cooked shredded chicken tacos recipe is letting the salsa, chicken, and spices cook together in the slow cooker, producing a flavorful dinner with chicken that just pulls apart. Season the chicken with the cumin and chili powder. These slow cooker chicken tacos are filled with zesty pulled chicken, guacamole, pico de gallo and sour cream.