Easy Mexican Chicken and rice.
You can cook Easy Mexican Chicken and rice using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Mexican Chicken and rice
- You need 1 1/2-2 pounds of skinless boneless, chicken breasts cut into pieces (size you like).
- Prepare 1/2 jar (24 oz) of Lime and Garlic Salsa.
- It’s 1/2 jar (24 oz) of Roasted Salsa Verde (green).
- You need 1 pkg of sliced mushrooms (unless you don't like them).
- It’s of Shredded sharp cheddar cheese for topping.
- Prepare 1 box of Spanish Rice (I use Knorr's or Zatarain's).
Easy Mexican Chicken and rice step by step
- Using a large skillet, spray with cooking oil and put in 1/2 the salsa and chicken. Cook on medium for 10 minutes, covered. Then add the rest of the salsa and turn the chicken. Cook another 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms in and cook on low for another 10 minutes..
- While the chicken is cooking, make the rice according to the recipe on the box. Serve the chicken salsa mixture over the rice and top with shredded cheese. I put a dollop of sour cream on top as well. Delicious!.