3 Meat Gumbo. okra gumbo, incorporating into the dish and leaving no trace of slime on the vegetable. This soup doesn't just have enough meat to feed a hungry dinosaur, it's also chock-full of veggies: flavorful. Gumbo (French: Gombo) is a soup popular in the U.
Celebrate Thanksgiving with DJ BBQ's twist on an American classic – Gumbo! Spicy chicken, chorizo and bacon browned off and slowly cooked with peppers. Make gumbo like the real Cajuns do! You can have 3 Meat Gumbo using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 3 Meat Gumbo
- You need 2 (32 oz) of containers of veggie broth.
- Prepare 1 (32 oz) of container of water.
- It’s 3 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 4 of andouille sausage halves.
- Prepare 1 of large red onion.
- You need 2 of bell peppers.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno to taste.
- You need 1 (12 oz) of bag of peeled shrimp.
- You need 2 cups of rice.
- Prepare 2 of large tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of bag of okra.
- You need to taste of Cajun seasoning premixed.
- Prepare of Sriracha to taste (when it's done and in your bowl).
- Prepare 2 tbs of garlic or however much you prefer.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbs of oregano.
Gumbo, which originated in southern Louisiana, can be defined as a soup of meat and/or shellfish and rice. It is always seasoned with garlic, onions, and ground. With a slow cooked roux and gumbo file powder flavoring the shrimp, crabmeat, and andouille I am going to give you my gumbo recipe. I learned to cook from my mother and grandmother who were.
3 Meat Gumbo step by step
- Dice up all of the vegetables.
- Mix the 2 tbs of butter, flour, and onion, garlic, and peppers to make a roux (row).
- Put cut up pieces of raw chicken and sausage in the broth. (I used frozen, hence reason it's whole in the pic).
- Add all veggies (except for the tomatoes) to the broth.
- Once the chicken is cooked through and white, add shrimp and tomatoes. (Total amount of time to cook takes about 45 minutes on medium high heat).
- Shrimp and tomatoes cook for about 10-15 minutes. Shrimp should turn pink..
- Rice is cooking while the meat and veggies are cooking. I use a rice cooker..
- Add rice to serving bowl and pour broth and meat and veggies over it..
- Add Sriracha or tabisco sauce on top if you like it hot..
Bring the flavors of the Bayou into your kitchen with our Gumbo with Shrimp and Sausage. Gumbo recipe: This is the first time I have ever tried to put this recipe down on paper. The Gumbo recipe out of our category Stew! Gumbo – Full of flavor and spice: Classic American Southern cuisine. Gumbo is a soup or stew that is served alongside or on top of rice.