Jalapeño Popper Soup. Creamy Jalapeno Popper Soup is comfort food at its best and full of of delicious shredded chicken, bacon and just the perfect amount of heat with the diced jalapenos. Everything you love about jalapeño poppers in liquid form. A delicious spicy feel good soup!
You've gotta try this lightened up Jalapeño Popper Soup! Jalapeno Popper Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Jalapeño Popper Soup recipe: Try this Jalapeño Popper Soup recipe, or contribute your own. You can cook Jalapeño Popper Soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jalapeño Popper Soup
- You need 3 of large chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 4 of jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for not so hot, leave seeds in if you like the heat).
- It’s 2 cans of great northern beans, drained.
- Prepare 1 can of corn, drained.
- It’s 1 can of petite diced tomatoes.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 pkg of cream cheese.
- You need 1 tsp. of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp. of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of red pepper (less if you dont want so much heat).
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s of Optional toppings for serving: shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream, bacon.
Remove the skins and seeds and chop finely. Learn more about the jalapeno chili pepper from Chili Pepper Madness. A jalapeno pepper is a fruit of the Capsicum pod type. It is a medium sized hot pepper when.
Jalapeño Popper Soup step by step
- Place chicken chunks in a large pot with a little bit of vegetable oil and add all seasonings; saute on medium high heat..
- Once chicken is half way cooked (still see some pink), add in red bell pepper, onion and jalapeño..
- Continue to saute until chicken is thoroughly cooked..
- Add in the chicken stock, corn, northern beans and tomatoes and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes..
- Add in the cream cheese in chunks and continue to simmer until cream cheese is completely melted and blended in. Serve with toppings of choice. Enjoy!.
Jalapeño Poppers Recipe with Bacon is a spicy hot, creamy cheese with crumbled pieces of bacon stuffed in a jalapeño and baked to perfection! Homemade jalapeño pepper jelly with no added pectin! The jelly base comes from tart Granny Smith apples. The addition of a few cranberries gives it a vibrant red color. If this Roasted Jalapeno Soup isn't the definition of soul warming (literally), I don't know what is.