Chicken in a zucchini boat. Stuffed zucchini boats with the flavor of chicken parmesan. This year I've made a zucchini boat I like even more – these unbelievably delicious and perfectly flavorful Chicken Enchilada Zucchini Boats! I was so skeptical at first and I thought there's no way I could ever trade in a classic, cheese loaded, pure comfort food enchilada for a healthier version.
Just toss that in a frying pan with a tiny amount of olive oil, some salt and pepper and you have a tasty snack! If you've been following my blog for a while, you probably know how much I LOVE enchiladas. I went to make these the other night, but the store was all out of zucchini. You can cook Chicken in a zucchini boat using 22 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken in a zucchini boat
- Prepare of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ chicken and zucchini◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- Prepare 3 of medium zucchini.
- Prepare 12 ounces of diced/ shredded chicken, I used chicken breast.
- You need 1/2 of large onion.
- You need 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆sauce◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- Prepare 15 ounces of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of whole leaf oregano.
- Prepare 1 of teaspoonful of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of honey.
- You need 1 of tablespoonful of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of tablespoonful of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ toppings◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- Prepare 2 cups of monterrey jack and colby cheddar cheese, shredded.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1/3 cup of jalapeño pepper slices, pickled.
- You need 1 cup of black ripened sliced olives.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sour cream.
In a pinch, I put them on portabella mushrooms, and I cut off the stems and. Fun take on classic Chicken Enchiladas. Cut up broccoli florets into small pieces, and combine both with sour cream. Cut zucchini in half and hollow out the centers.
Chicken in a zucchini boat step by step
- Preheat oven 400° Fahrenheit.
- Finely chop the onion..
- Cut the ends off zucchini..
- Split them lengthways down the middle.
- Hollow the zucchini halves leaving a bit on the ends, so you can stuff them without stuffing running out. I used a spoon..
- Heat oil in pan, cube, or shred the chicken into small pieces. Add chicken to pan..
- Add onion to the chicken with salt, zucchini scrapings, cumin, cayenne, and paprika..
- Sauté till onion is translucent and chicken is done..
- Heat oil in the pan. Add the minced garlic and sauté..
- Add tomato sauce, honey, oregano, salt, cumin, and simmer..
- After 10 minutes of simmering and stirring occasionally, remove from heat..
- In an oven safe dish add a quarter cup of the sauce. Set the zucchini boats on top of sauce in dish..
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into zucchini boats.
- Pour over the zucchini boats the rest of the sauce..
- Add cheese and olives on top bake covered 40 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes..
- Add sour cream, cilantro, and jalapeños. Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Add the Greek yogurt, lime juice, and salt together in a small bowl and stir to combine. Stuff chicken mixture in hollowed out zucchini boats, and top with cheddar cheese. Mix the chicken with the vegetables, mayonnaise, bouillon, and salt together in a bowl. Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats recipe: Healthy way to fix chicken parmesan. – Cook chicken in a skillet over medium heat. Break the chicken apart and add salt and pepper.