You can cook Apricot-Stuffed Chicken using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apricot-Stuffed Chicken
- It’s 1/4 cup of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 4 small of fresh apricots, peeled, pitted, and chopped, or one 15.25-ounce can peeled whole apricots, drained and chopped. You can substitute four dried apricots, snipped, for canned apricots . Then, stir in 1-2 tablespoons of apricot jam to moisten stuffing mixture.
- It’s 1/2 cup of packaged herb-seasoned stuffing mix.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 4 of skinless, boneless chicken breast halves.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Apricot jam.
- It’s 2 tsp of vinegar.
Apricot-Stuffed Chicken step by step
- In a small saucepan cook onion and celery in a hot oil over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in apricots, stuffing mix, and ginger; set aside..
- Place each chicken breast in a resealable ziploc bag and pound the chicken..
- Spoon the stuffing mixture evenly over chicken pieces. Fold in the side edges; roll up from bottom edge. Secure with wooden toothpicks. In a small bowl, stir together apricot jam and vinegar..
- Cook in stove top pan (same as from celery and onion) until cooked. Flip halfway through and brush with the apricot jam mixture during the last 5 minutes..