Chicken stuffed bell peppers. These Chicken Stuffed Peppers are filled with black beans, corn, onion, and brown rice — you pretty much have all the food groups in one bite! This was actually my first time eating/making stuffed bell peppers and I'm so glad I finally tried them! I hope you love them too!
I'm a big fan of easy dinners and these healthy stuffed peppers totally fit the bill. How to make chicken stuffed bell peppers: We'll start with raw bell peppers. Chicken Parm-Stuffed Bell Peppers. featured in Crowd-Pleasing Potluck Recipes. You can have Chicken stuffed bell peppers using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken stuffed bell peppers
- You need 4 of medium red pepper, cut in half, seeds removed.
- It’s 2 tsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts, cut into small cubes.
- You need 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Himalayan salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of no sugar added tomato sauce.
- You need 2 cups of cooked brown rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of chickpeas, canned, drained.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen corn kernels.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of fresh cilantro, or lemon thyme (for garnish).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Arrange the bell peppers, cut-side up, on the greased baking sheet. Spoon half of the marinara sauce into the peppers. Both for a family meal and for entertaining, this is a dish I serve frequently. It's very appealing to the eye, and people like the wild rice and the peppers.
Chicken stuffed bell peppers instructions
- Preheat oven 375°F. Place bell pepper in a glass dish, spray with olive oil and cook for 25 minutes.
- Cook brown rice according to package.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil, onions, garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, cumin, chilli powder, salt, pepper. Cook, stir frequently, for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink..
- Add tomato sauce, beans, corn, lime juice, fresh herbs and rice. Reduce heat to med-low and cook another 3-5 minutes..
- Scoop chicken mixture into bell peppers, evenly. Add cheese, cover with foil and bake another 15-20 minutes. Remove foil, bake another 3 minutes. Or broil..
- Serve and sprinkle with fresh herbs !.
What I learned about cooking came from an expert – my husband! He's the real chef in the family. Here are our favorite stuffed bell pepper recipes for an easy, healthy meal. From ground beef or turkey to vegetarian stuffed peppers, if that's more your style. A flavorful family-favorite that's perfect for busy weeknights!