Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
You can cook Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of thinly sliced leek.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 10 oz of frozen chopped spinach thawed, drained, and squeezed dry.
- You need 4 medium of skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat about 5 ounces each.
- You need 1/2 cup of red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- You need 2 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dry white wine optional.
- It’s 4 tbsp of cheese.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts instructions
- preheat oven to 350.
- heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. add leek, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and black pepper, cook and stir until leek is soft (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and add spinach, stirring to combine; set spinach mixture aside..
- cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally using a sharp knife. Place bottom halves of breasts in a 9X9 inch baking dish, setting top halves aside. divide spinach filling evenly amoung breasts; top each portion with one fourth red peppers, and replace the top halves of breasts.
- brush the top half of each chicken breast with melted butter; sprinkle with breadcrumbs, spray lightly with cooking spray. Add wine to baking dish (avoiding the breadcrumbs) and bake 40 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
- remove chicken from oven; let rest for 5 minutes before serving..