Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Chicken breasts stuffed with a spinach/ricotta/mozzarella mixture, then baked in your favorite spaghetti sauce. Give ho-hum chicken dinners the heave-ho with this insanely delicious, insanely healthy ricotta and spinach stuffed chicken breast. With a quick swipe of your knife, a simple chicken breast suddenly becomes a delivery vehicle for flavors limited only by your imagination.
Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Tender chicken breasts, creamy ricotta cheese, mushrooms sauteed in sherry and of course, bacon, make this stuffed chicken breast recipe one of the best stuffed chicken chicken recipes ever!! Dress up plain chicken breasts by stuffing the chicken with a mixture of spinach, ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese. You can have Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breasts using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- It’s of Chicken and Filling.
- You need 6 large of boneless chicken breasts.
- It’s 15 oz of ricotta cheese.
- You need 4 oz of grated mozzarella.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of parsley.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 30 oz of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red wine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of marjoram.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sweet basil.
If you're serving it to kids, substitute apple juice or apple cider for the wine, It makes it sweeter, and the kids enjoy it. This is a great way to get them to eat their spinach because it's rolled. This stuffed chicken breast recipe uses sweet cranberry and creamy ricotta to transform simple chicken breasts into a heavenly meal that will impress your family and friends. Chicken cutlets stuffed with spinach, feta, ricotta then breaded and baked to perfection!
Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breasts step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Divide chicken breast into two pieces, horizontally, to create thin "sheets" of meat. Place between pieces of plastic wrap and pound thin, but try to avoid making holes. You can also use a tortilla press to thin the meat. Lightly sprinkle each piece of chicken with salt and pepper..
- In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients. Spoon equal amounts of filling into the center of each "sheet" of chicken. Roll or wrap the chicken around the filling and place into a large, greased baking dish. Place in oven for about 15 minutes…
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a medium sauce pan. Simmer for about 15 minutes..
- Remove chicken from the oven and generously spoon the sauce over the top. Optional: sprinkle with mozzarella during the last 15 minutes of baking..
- Return chicken to oven for about 40 minutes..
Work with your fingers and hand to press under the chicken skin to separate the chicken skin from the chicken breasts, thighs, and drumsticks. Chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless, salt and black pepper, vegetable oil, spinach, ricotta cheese, swiss cheese, bacon, white wine, chicken broth, dijon mustard, lemon juice, cornstarch. Directions for: Spinach Ricotta-Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Use a sharp knife to cut chicken breasts, forming a pocket, and stuff with ricotta mixture. Spinach Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Lemon White Wine SauceRecipeLand.com.