Pizza Dough. Jamie Oliver shows you how to make pizza dough at home. An easy and reliable homemade pizza dough recipe is a staple that no budding chef should be without! This is the easiest, BEST pizza dough recipe.
My all-time favorite homemade pizza dough recipe, this recipe has been tried and tested week after week, making the best homemade pizza. My family now likes homemade pizza better than take-out! Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. You can have Pizza Dough using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pizza Dough
- Prepare 3 of to 4 Cups of AP flour.
- It’s 2 cup of bread flour.
- You need 2 cup of warm water (around 115F).
- You need 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 oz of package of dry instant yeast.
Mix in oil and warm water. Homemade pizza dough is way easier to make than you might think. Making pizza dough at home couldn't get any easier than with my simple pizza dough recipe. You'll never want to buy or order pizza again.
Pizza Dough instructions
- Put bread flour into a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, salt and yeast to the flour. Stir to combine evenly..
- Combine melted butter and warm water. Pour water mixture into flour mixture and stir by hand with a large spoon. At this point the dough will look more like pancake batter than pizza dough, but continue to stir once combined for a minute or two to really develop those glutens!.
- Stir in (by hand) 2-3 more cups of the AP flour. This should bring the dough to a point where it is kneadable. Use remaining flour to dust a clean, smooth work surface..
- Knead the dough to work in as much flour until the dough is no longer tacky. The outside "skin" will be smooth..
- Divide the dough into the desired number of pizzas. This Recipe makes two large pizzas or four small pizzas. Roll each part of divided dough into balls, coat with olive oil and place each in a seperate large bowl..
- Turn oven on to 350F, but only allow to preheat for one minute then turn the oven off. The idea is to just warm the oven; Not to get it hot. Cover each bowl with a damp towel. Place in the warm oven to rise 2-3 hours or until the dough has doubled in size..
- Flour pizza pans and turn out risen dough on each pan. Be gentle with the dough while spreading it to the edges in the pan keeping it as even as possible. Use a fork to dock the entire dough (except the edges where the crust will be)..
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Bake each dough/crust for 10 minutes without toppings or sauce (yes, i know this is sacreligious to many pizza-philes, but it works for this recipe)..
- Remove crust from oven, add desired sauce and toppings, and return to the oven for another 15 minutes. De-pan the pizzas. Allow pizzas to sit for 5 minutes before slicing (this is the hardest step 🙂 It's a good time to go pour yourself a cold beer)..
Making pizza dough is not the quickest process, but it's easy, and if you are an aficionado of Italian food you now that it's worth the effort to find your best pizza dough recipe, it will reward you with. Plus it is vegan with a gluten-free. Use this dough for any pizza recipe you want to make and follow recipe instructions for shaping and baking times. Pizza is a handmade, flattened dough topped with tomato sauce, cheese, vegetables, proteins, and herbs Products, uncooked Pizzas, dough in a bin (include these when you post your pizza photos). The Neapolitan pizza is characterised by a relatively high edge and a thin center of the pizza.